We’re looking for talented individuals to join us.
What Makes The Vera Model Different?
Here are the basics:
We make primary care accessible and effective by working with organizations to provide on-site clinics to their employees. These on-site clinics make primary care affordable and convenient so that patients are more willing to invest in preventive care.
Providers and care teams provide comprehensive care that is centered around patients and their needs, not a system. Each patient is treated as an individual, spends significant time with providers, and relies on the clinic team to coordinate all of their care.
We treat patients by esteeming them through empathetic listening. This experience unlocks the patient’s ability to think beyond the immediate moment, illness, or symptom by engaging them in a true two-way conversation. It empowers them to change their behavior in a lasting way.
Great Total Rewards Package
The Total Rewards Package includes competitive compensation and benefits. We want to take care of you so that you can worry about taking care of our patients. It just works better that way. Here are a few of the benefits you'll receive.
- Generous comprehensive benefits package
- Generous PTO and maternity and paternity leave
- Access to Vera Clinic Services
- Parking and transportation benefit
Reimagining Healthcare Together
Pioneering the future of healthcare is hard work. Everyone on our team leans in to achieve it. If you join us, you’ll be a vital part of this process. Here are a few of the things that you can expect:
- An environment of empathy and trust. Even though the work can be demanding, you always have the support of your entire care team — onsite and beyond.
- It’s challenging and exciting. Working without a clear roadmap can be difficult, but there’s plenty of room for ingenuity and creative thinking.
- We expect effort. Transforming healthcare is hard work, but it sure makes it easier when you’re on a team with a shared commitment to the same mission.
- We take the time. Our model empowers you to take the time to think through problems and come up with real solutions for patients.
- We’re creating something new. Building something from scratch means there isn’t always a clear path forward. It also means being a part of something innovative.
“I chose to work at Vera because the Company’s Values are the best of any company I have ever worked for and the opportunity to be part of this revolution in health care was irresistible.” — Karl Weyrauch, MD MPH
We’ve got opportunities in multiple states —
click the links below to learn more.
Whole Health Coach at Portland Care Center
Team member since May 2017
August 2019 Featured Employee
Who I am and what I love to do
At Vera, the idea that individuals need time to connect with a provider or health coach to explore their health goals is taken seriously. The coaching that we do at Vera is structured, individualized, and centered on the needs and interests of patients. As a Whole Health Coach at Vera, I feel that I get the time and the space to be the best empathetic listener and coach that I can be.
I joined Vera to be a Whole Health Coach because I wanted to grow my coaching skills and be a part of a community interested in supporting growth and development in others. At Vera, I not only support our patients one-on-one, but I am also encouraged to use my skills in group settings to inspire healthy behaviors in the corporate environment of our client. I’m inspired by the opportunity to focus on creating a culture of health for our clients because it can make a difference in so many people’s lives. I love being a part of that big picture change!
On my days off, I’m most joyful when I’ve pitched my tent with my little family somewhere in the woods, preferably near a clear mountain stream. I also enjoy speaking foreign languages and experiencing different cultures. I am grateful for so many things – my Peace Corps service in Senegal, for the years I spent living abroad in France and in Chile, the opportunity to go to graduate school for public health, and especially for my family.